How Many Hours to Buffalo?


How Many Hours to Buffalo?

"Jeez we've been in this stinking car all day!",  I couldn't keep myself from whining, I was all sweat and anxiety after sitting in the car to national public radio for the past eight hours.

"Hey sport, just a hundred miles and were there!", and my dad is so condescending, I can't even sit in the front seat.  And what gives for that nickname 'sport'? Jeez. Can't he get that I never even wanted to go to Buffalo in the first place?

*crumbling gravel sounds*

"Hey dad, I think there might be something up with the motor... should we pull over and open up the hood to check it out?" I was awfully nervous, this is my dad's old car from his 20's, and I had been playing in it the day before with a couple friends of mine. Billy, who's my tallest friend, got the idea to open up the hood, and 'check things out', 'cause his dad is a mechanic, I trusted him on it. But then when we were leaning over the motor and pipes and stuff, I dropped my plastic go-joe figurine right in there!

"No she's rolling just fine, it's the road, haven't I ever taken you on a gravel road before?"

I chuckled knowingly, but I was deeply terrified. I knew my toy was melting in there, and it was only a matter of time until everything went awry...



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*STAY TUNED*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Impressions of Brad Mehldau's Album, 'Largo.'

Prenatal Drama